Monday, July 7, 2008

The cones are there for a reason....

At the place I am currently employed I am able see many strange and amusing things take place right before my eyes. Along with these strange and amusing things I get to see people make complete fools of themselves. So, I have decided that I would like to share with others the stupid things that people do and I get to deal with from day to day. Take for example yesterday morning while at work (I will not disclose the company name I work for just know I work in a Box and people pump gas around me.) The cities local power company shut down the power to the "Box" which also shut power off to the gas pumps around me. So being that people could not pump gas I thought it would be a good idea to put up the BIG ORANGE CONES on each pump. This went smoothly for a little while, with a few people coming to ask if the pumps weren't working, hmmmm. My BIG ORANGE CONE idea was working, most people were getting the hint. That is until a middle aged woman pulls up to a pump, mind you the cone was still there. She gets out and asks me if the pump is not working. So therefore I know that she saw my BIG ORANGE CONE. I sit there shocked that she has just run over the cone in front of the pump and then inform her that the pumps are not working right now. She gets into her and starts to drive. I notice that the BIG ORANGE CONE has not come out from under her car. Well apparently she also noticed, she stopped got out of her car saw the BIG ORANGE CONE and looked up. I was sitting in amazement. She yells to me " YOUR cone is stuck under my car come and get it out." I still sit in amazement. She stares at me and is dead serious about her request. So I do the only thing that I can do that would not get me fired. I crawl under her car and yank this BIG ORANGE CONE out from under her car (she was driving a Toyota Camery F.Y.I.). I don't mean to sound like an angry, disgruntled employee but please for the love of all that are holy if there is a BIG ORANGE CONE blocking something don't run it over. If you happen to run it over don't blame it on the person who set it up thanks. Check back for more stories from the Man in the Box Looking Outward.

No comments: