Sunday, July 27, 2008

Maybe I should look into the "Box"

So the man in the "box" has told you of the stupid things that people do outside of the "box." But, what about the people who are inside the "box." The people just like myself, that's right my co-workers. I realize that everyone out there has co-workers and we all have those co-workers who make our days just that much better. But, I ask you, do you think the people you work with are the same as people who work in a "box?" In some aspects people I work with will remind you of your co-workers, but just remember, these people work in a "box." So lets start off with the best of all the game. I shall call him D, he is a portly older gentleman who is near the age of becoming senile. So, here a a few stories that you may enjoy. So, one day when I came to work to start my shift, D was working before I. When I walk into the "box" there is the usual jibber jabber between co-workers, which you usually want to end as quickly as possible. But, this day D told me something that somewhat shocked and disturbed me at the same time. As I walked into the box I noticed that there was a very large bowl sitting on the shelf. Which, didn't really surprise me seeing that D always brought a smorgasborg of food to work. Then D begins to tell me how he had packed a LARGE salad for his lunch. At this point I was asking myself "why do I care what you packed for lunch, the very thought of you eating disturbs me greatly." D continued anyways with his extremly interesting story of his lunch. D tells me how he had packed this LARGE salad but the unfortunate part of his lunch was that he forgot to pack a fork to eat the LARGE salad with. At this point I figured that D would wait and eat his lunch at home. But, this was not the case. D tells me how he had to eat his LARGE salad with his hands. So just picture a portly old gentleman sitting in a "box" eatting a salad like some ravenous beast man. And ask yourself what you would do if you saw something like this taking place as you came to pay for gas. Later at work I had to laugh. I couldn't figure out why my chair was having such a hard time rolling around. I then looked down to see that D during his eating frenzy had spilled bacon bits all over the ground. Check back for more stories about people in and outside of the "box."

No comments: