Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I'm SO DISHONEST....

Yet another story from the man in the box. I believe that you will enjoy this story better than the other two. This story takes place on a nice summer night with a full moon. I am doing my usual duties to close for the night and go home. Then it happens. A man walks up to the "Box" and says 'your sign says gas is $3.90'. And? I ask him. ' On the pump it says the price is $3.93.' I inform this nice fellow, in a very kind voice that our sign has broken so therefore it is telling the wrong price. But, even though the pump says $3.93 it is still cheaper to buy gas here than anywhere else. He gets a little bit upset and says 'YOUR dishonest, that is false advertisement.' Before I can say anything more he has walked away in a huff. I continue going about my business when someone request to pay at the window, this means that you pump then after pumping you come pay. I look and I notice it is the man who I was just talking to. So I approve the pump and he begins pumping. I continue to go about my business. I hear the pump click off. The pump clicks off and then I hear the squealing of tires as someone takes off. I look up and notice that the man who was pumping gas is no longer there. Yes I agree if the gas price is posted at a certain price you should honor that price and not be "dishonest." But, to come up and call me "dishonest" and then you go and steal gas. I don't know about you but I personally think he was the "dishonest" one and for what, three cents. This man obviously has no idea what honesty means.

1 comment:

shybs said...

You have to wonder what kind of impressions your coworkers have left on customers. What are the stereotypes and expectations of the people you interact with each day based on the idiot who sat in the box the day before? Isn't it nice to know that this disgusting, salad gorging weirdo is representing you when you are not there? Next time you are degraded by the way a customer treats you ask yourself "which incompetent fool did that person have to put up with yesterday?"
We all make our choices; did you chose to be a mess maker or a mess cleaner?